October 19, 2007

FYI

It is a GORGEOUS day in Haines...sun is shining, mountains are glowing with snow, and I rode a bike into town just to enjoy it. Threw on the fleece, some gloves, and a beanie and I was off. Couldn't resist on a day like today.
Got some snow yesterday and that was a thrill. Too early, I say, but it's Alaska. It was actually really fun and very surreal. :)
One more quick note- YeaYea and I were driving to camp the other day when along the road there was a dog running with a HUGE dead salmon flopping around in its mouth. When we slowed to get a better look, it just stopped and looked at us like, "what." and kept running into the woods. YeaYea was dying and said, "it's Alaska."
That's all for now, but have no fear- I picked up our DSL yesterday and will hook it up tonight or tomorrow. Then I'll have internet at HOME! Did I say home?? I think so...we moved in on Monday. Me into the room with dead butterflies on the wall and animal skins, plus one antler-looking thing hanging from the ceiling; Kate into the room with a huge fish above the closet, a huge wooden rabbit by the door, and another antler-looking thing hanging from the ceiling. Needless to say, we have some redecorating to do. :) Oh- and there are boxes of food EVERYWHERE- from Costco, the camp, the cabin, food we brought up with us...sigh. You have to dig through four boxes just to make toast.
love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I am sitting here dying, laughing at the "what" comment from the dog that you so aptly described. What a word picture. LOL. Cracked me up!!!!! That is Alaska. :)
Wow,can't wait for bedtime, huh?...just makes you feel warm and cozy all over to have bedrooms full of "pets" and their body parts. Yes, redecorating is a must. Of course, those "pets" do keep you distracted from the monsters under your beds....kidding, Realllllly.
Hugs to you, sis,
ma

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm not ANONYMOUS! I'm ma!!! Hate computers :(

Anonymous said...

CHACO said...

haha. your mom is a dear. i love her. wow. i love you. youre getting a loooong email shortly. im thrilled you have internet. welcome back.