October 22, 2007

Home, Sweet Home


'Bout time, I'd say. Isn't it pretty? Pretty soon it will be covered in snow and that'll be awesome. I would have taken pictures of the inside, but not only would that have taken me FOREVER to do and download, but now there's mystery and incentive for people to come and visit!
I would also like to direct your attention to this pretty picture.
It's Rainbow Glacier and a beautiful fall tree. I took it a few weeks ago, but due to picture complications, am only able to post it now. But it's worth it. I also took another pretty fall picture when we drove out to 33 Mile (as I reported a couple of posts ago) and thought I'd throw it in, too.Beautiful fall, yes, but now we're already into winter!! I will soon be taking pretty pictures of snow-covered mountains and snowy Haines. It's just kinda tough to capture, so you'll have to bear with me. :)

I'm employed!!! I know, I know- a house to live in AND a job. Overwhelming, but awesome. I'm going in today to see when I train and I would appreciate prayers for my nerves. For some reason I just get to anxious and intimidated about new jobs, especially when going into a coffee community of hardcore Alaskans. Also, we're putting on our very first Young Adults service this Thursday night. There has never been anything in Haines geared toward the young adult community, so we're kind of winging it. A glimpse into living in a small town- I heard nothing but comments for using the word "alas" incorrectly on the flyer I made and put all over town. EVERYONE was talking about it...I tried to remain lighthearted and unaffected, consoling myself with the fact that the over-70 crowd who were complaining about it weren't invited anyway. :) All of the young adults I've talked to and who have seen the poster didn't have a problem with it and are ready to come. Hooray for the "word travels fast" philosophy coming true! We'll see how Thursday looks!
I'm off to the Mountain Market (eek!)- I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Lily said...

I just said a quick prayer for your training! I'm really excited you got that job and the pictures are really beautiful...you should frame that vertical fall tree one. I would like to come visit you...I miss snow. We'll see if I can get away from my job (which ALAS seems to be a bit like quicksand...the harder I try to get away the more it seems to suck me in). Fun times with the young adults...our pastor just ask Frank and I to start a young adults group...you'll have to give me some tips! Can't wait to see you soon (whether tis in Hawaii or Alaska). Love you Gnat

Court said...

CHACO said...

ALAS!
what glorious pictures! oh my gosh they took my breath away. i can't wait to see pictures of the snowy wonderland that is soon to be haines. hope your first day went well. im sure you were fun, you foam milk like no one else in AK has ever learned to. Remember- you learned from the Zoka's champion trainer!!!! you are skilled!!!

Court said...

i meant "fine" not "fun"- which you and i both know can have a negative connotation.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the new job, Gnat. You'll be great, you know it. Who else can make my high-maintenance drink with such precision? Alas, Seattle is at a loss without you... and Alaska doesn't know WHO they have, yet! :) Love you, Natster.